Sargent Pipe Co., located in central Nebraska, seeks an experienced Safety Director. Qualified applicants must have experience in Occupational Safety & Health Technology or related field, be detail-oriented, personable, and familiar with OSHA and DOT regulations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Implementing safety policies & procedures
- Maintaining DOT & OSHA files
- Overseeing workers’ compensation claims.
SHE Manager / Schneider Electric (Lincoln, NE)
Posted: May 15, 2020
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- This position is accountable for the design, adoption, implementation and management of Schneider Electric – North America’s safety, health, and environment protection programs in our Lincoln, Nebraska site.
- Assures compliance with Federal, State/Provincial, and local safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Lead and maintain ISO14001 Environmental Management & ISO45001 Occupational Health and Safety Certification, ISO 50001 Energy Certification and the VPP (Voluntary Protection Program) Certification for the site.
- Assesses and minimizes the risk of injury to people and/or liabilities arising out of accidents or environmental exposures in or associated with the work place and the communities in which Schneider Electric Lincoln, NE operates
- Coordinates the development of safety, health, accident loss control and environmental protection strategic business plans to cover short-range operating periods of one to five years and goals for continuous improvement over long-range periods of five years and over.
- Provides professional technical assistance and motivation in the formulation, continuation and adoption of safety, health, loss control., environmental protection, property conservation, security, and motor vehicle safety programs.
- Develops and maintains bench marking standards that will permit meaningful measurement of Schneider Electric effort to meet safety, health and environmental objectives.
- Develops safety, health and environmental protection training programs and materials required to qualify loss control/environmental protection personnel in the areas of technical competence, plan implementation and training, and motivational techniques.
- Establishes and maintains a safety/environmental liability data base that will provide the statistics necessary to analyze and evaluate the capabilities of individual and organization wide safety, health and environmental protection operations at any stage in the development of such operations.
- Manages the safety, health and environmental staff and provides both assistance and backup for the various assignments of projects.
- Assesses environmental liabilities and recommends and directs the appropriate remediation action.