Is your company looking for a qualified Safety Professional? Contact Steve Polich to have your job listing posted here.
Location(s): Lincoln (Nebraska), United States
Categorie(s): Environment / Sustainable Development
Req ID: 34478
What will you do?
- Establishes and maintains occupational, health, and environmental programs that comply with applicable regulations and company policies and procedures
- Audits established programs and procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate/Plant Policies and Procedures
- Conduct hazard analysis and job safety analysis to ensure proper use of machinery and equipment, personal protective equipment, and procedures
- Develops and prepares reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Assesses ergonomic issues; develops and implements programs related to the physiology of cumulative trauma disorders
- Identifies opportunities to increase functional safety/environmental productivity by utilizing personal computer technology
- Maintain Occupational Health, Environment and Safety Management System to conform to ISO14001 and ISO45001 standards
- Perform a variety of engineering work in designing, operating, and maintaining measuring apparatus necessary to determine the level of pollutants involving air, land and water and other monitoring equipment such as sound level meter, light meter and force gauge
- Ascertain level of pollution and recommend appropriate action to management to assure conformance with federal, state and local legislation and regulations regarding environmental control
- Coordinate with HR to monitor and review active work comp claims and issues
- Serve as liaison between injured employees and medical staff to ensure timely response and continued care
- Lead Emergency Response Team
- Serve as a liaison between the company and regulatory agencies concerned with environmental, safety and health control
- Perform tests or experiments requiring the use of non-standard procedures and complex instrumentation
This position will be responsible for construction safety, health, and environmental protection programs, in order to minimize the potential for accidents, injuries, and damage.
- Evaluating and assessing job sites in order to identify potential safety hazards, including such things as fall hazards, potential exposure to chemicals and materials, etc.
- Preparing and reviewing health and safety guidelines in order to minimize accidents, injuries or other damage.
- Providing safety training to company personnel.
- Conducting/Coordinating on-site safety meetings.
- Monitoring construction sites and ensuring compliance with job site and company procedures as well as government regulations act, and standards, including monitoring for appropriate PPE, as well as enforcing the display of required or appropriate safety signage.
- Promoting proactive and preventive safety activities by observing, analyzing, encouraging safe work behaviors, and correcting unsafe conditions.
- Perform site safety inspections using the Company app.
- Investigating accidents, injuries, and near-misses and initiating necessary actions in order to ensure the situations are not repeated.
- Documenting training, meetings, and investigations.
- Performing other duties as required by the position.
Senior Loss Control Consultant
Accident Fund Insurance Company of America
Des Moines, IA, or Omaha, NE
Responsible for providing consultation and training to employers regarding safety matters. Develop business partnership and ambassador-type relationship with insured policyholders. Evaluate physical premises, equipment, materials, work practices, and safety policies and programs. Conduct safety surveys of employers’ premises to gather information to assist in risk selection as an integral part of the underwriting process. Work with management to develop loss control strategies that will have the greatest impact on company success measures. Preferred location of residence in either the Des Moines or Omaha, NE metro areasRead More