Are you a safety or loss control professional in the construction industry with experience in either a company or insurance organization? Are you interested in working side-by-side with some pretty awesome employees? Would you like to join a company with a flexible environment, a competitive total rewards package, and where celebrating successes is just part of the everyday culture? We have to admit, who wouldn’t want that?!
At Holmes Murphy, our employees play to their strengths and contribute to who we are and want to be. We like to think of ourselves as pretty irresistible. If that intrigues you and you think you have what it takes to join our team as a Loss Control Consultant, read on!
- Provide analysis, consultation, oversight and direction of client’s loss control programs and processes. Assist clients in enhancing their safety performance and culture.
- Assist with identifying loss control services that are needed by clients and assist in creating and enhancing.
- Provide safety program organization and management advice and support in identifying and correcting possible unsafe areas or practices by performing on-site inspections.
- Prepare reports for client management indicating findings of assessments of objectives, responsibilities and potential cost drivers.
- Provide on-site safety training seminars for client management and employees.
- Perform research and follow-up for clients on safety related issues and questions.
- Perform on-site safety (mock OSHA) surveys for clients, including property and casualty.
- Set safety goals, provide resources and evaluate long-term performance.
- Review client safety handbooks and materials, provide comments as necessary.
- Assist clients produce written loss control procedures and processes.
- Provide safety training materials to client management for distribution to employees.
- Maintain current information on safety standards and procedures.
- Maintain active contacts within the industry to keep informed of practices at other insurance agencies.
- Complete Accident Trend Analysis as required.
- Provide guidance and input for company safety newsletters and communications.
- Assist internal team with prospective clients as requested, including participating in meetings, client assessments, providing input on RFP’s and with making presentations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be a self-starter and have an entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility
- The ability to work with detail, follow directions and maintain a high level of accuracy is a must.
- The ability to learn and use advanced technology associated with job functions is critical.
- The capability of exercising discretion in confidential matters and use independent judgment is required.
- The ability to use a computer, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- The ability to communicate well with persons at all levels of authority in writing, verbally or in person is critical.
- The ability to perform multiple duties simultaneously during peak periods is required.
- A willingness to pursue industry-related education and maintain active contacts in the industry is a must.
- Moderate travel required, including some overnight travel.
- A minimum three years’ experience as a loss control, risk or safety representative is preferred.
- Experience in the construction industry required; transportation industry a plus.
- Agency or carrier experience preferred.
- CSP or ASP designations are desirable.
Finally, ask yourself this, “Am I a difference maker?” If you answered yes and you think you have what it takes to be a Loss Control Consultant for Holmes Murphy, apply today at:
Pre-employment background check required.