Industrial Hygienist and Occupational Health
The Industrial Hygienist and Occupational Health Leader will manage, coordinate, and implement Industrial Health and Occupational Health programs across the company. (3 sites).
- Develop, Implement and Improve the IH and OH programs and standards.
- Set clear expectations related to what is required by each facility to ensure compliance and establish a process to verify compliance
- Provide hands-on expertise to implement and maintain IH/OH programs.
- Ensure that IH Exposure Assessments and monitoring are performed and documented.
- Assess site IH and OH needs and help develop action plans to address gaps that are identified.
- Manage IH and OH consultant resources where required.
- Work with the sites to complete the IH and OH portions of the self-assessment process.
- Lead the Hearing Conservation and Ergonomics programs
- Assist sites in identifying engineering controls, personal protective equipment and work practices to minimize potential occupational health risks.
- Uses various IH tools and systems to assess potential health risks and resources where needed.
- Maintain and Improve the hazardous chemical management processes.
- Development, implementation and improvement of the asbestos program. Assist with identification processes, evaluated and controlled.
- Oversee the Radiation Safety Programs and put a compliance verification process in place.
- Promote and review capital projects in support of the IH and OH programs as necessary.
- Provide support to the Product Stewardship programs as necessary.
- Other duties as identified by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene, engineering, chemistry, safety, nursing or related science.
- Minimum of 5-10 years working in industrial hygiene in a manufacturing environment. chemical or petrochemical environment is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years in a lead role
Preferred Candidate Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide timely and effective communications to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple / varied tasks efficiently
- Certification as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Self-motivated with strong initiative and bias for action
- Uncompromising drive for excellence and willingness to escalate issues as needed
All interested candidates please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and give me a
Call at 954-435-4353 Ext 106
NOTE: The recruiter says the job is based in VA and PA, but they will consider allowing the IH to work from anywhere in the country (including Omaha).
Salary is $120,000 to $140,000 and it requires 50% travel.