Our highly respected and stable manufacturing client desires an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Manager for their plant. For the motivated person, this position is an excellent opportunity for professional and personal development.
Environmental Health and Safety
Min. Years Experience: 5+
Category: Human Resources
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Columbus, Nebraska
This is a full time position that offers a competitive salary, performance bonus, and other outstanding benefits.
The selected candidate will possess the following traits:
- strong leadership abilities with manufacturing “street smarts”
- confident bench skills
- assume ownership of the position
- ability to function independently or in a team
- strong communication skills at all levels
Key Activities – at the facility
- Stamping• Welding• Tube manufacturing• Tube bending• Assembly• Paint
- Maintains all training records, monitors training progress, and approves training procedures and forms where applicable.
- Identifies training needs and acts to initiate and conduct training sessions, where appropriate.
- Benchmarks training systems at other related organizations for the purpose of continuous improvement.
- Plans and coordinates safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe working conditions.
- Facilitates Safety Committee meetings and inspections.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA, EPA, localstate and federal laws and regulations.
- Investigates all on-site accidents and injuries and compiles all information for corrective and preventive actions.
- Coordinates all safety and environmental training, including OSHA required training.
- Writes procedures and coordinates training for ISO 14001.
- May be called upon to assist in other duties as needed to insure quality level of facility activities.
- Responsible for all customer specific requirements where applicable, including those referenced in the QMS manuals.
- Position ensures that all personnel at facility have the proper knowledge and skills to perform at their peak capacity and ensures compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies for a safe work environment.
- Authority to represent the needs of the customer in internal functions addressing TS16949/ISO 14001 requirements.
- Ability to define and act when a training need exists, reports to management when an unsafe condition exists.
- Works with team to recommend/implement and sustain correction.
- Works with all levels of staff in facility as well as outside agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Degree in, environmental, safety & health, engineering or related field.
- Five to eight years applied training and safety experience, preferably with an automotive supplier.
- Knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations, local, state, and federal environmental laws required.
- Experience with procedure writing and requirements for ISO 14001 desired, but not required.
If you are interested – need further information – or maybe know of someone I should contact – please feel free to call or schedule a time to review. My calendar link is below for your convenience.