Oversee, plan and coordinate overall safety and environmental aspects for Phillips facilities. Work closely with personnel at each site.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Oversees and administers safety programs and support the Worker’s Compensation claims resolution process.
- Maintain and/or develop; supervise and/or coordinate safety programs as they pertain to Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) standards and/or other applicable local, state and federal requirements and company expectations.
- Keep abreast of current developments in training, safety and accident prevention programs; ensure employees are trained through visual aids, group training sessions or individual employee training.
- Formulate general safety policies and procedures to be followed by company personnel in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Inspect or tour (or supervises the inspection or touring of) the facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards; recommends corrective and/or preventative measures where appropriate.
- Participate in or supervise the investigation of accidents and injuries; reviews data for trends and recommend corrective action or preventative measures where indicated.
- Communicate with insurance carriers and treatment providers as necessary.
- Track and maintain the necessary information and documentation as it pertains to chemical usage and emissions and any other environmental aspects such as air, wastewater and storm water.
- Ensure the necessary compliance permitting is up to date, accurate and filed with all agencies as necessary.
- Formulate environmental policies and procedures to be followed by company personnel in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Regularly inspect/tour company facilities to detect existing or potential hazards, recommend and implement corrective or preventative measures where appropriate.
- Work with consultants and appropriate vendors to ensure the company remains abreast of relevant environmental information and to review reporting/permitting as necessary.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply relevant local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including OSHA and the EPA.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization and with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to complete work in acceptable timeframe, manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Ability to develop employees through motivation and training.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple task, details, and interruptions.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of tact, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to operate a phone, computer, calculator, fax machine, copier and other office equipment.
- Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Ability to adhere to other organizational policies and procedures.
4-6 years’ experience in occupational health and safety, including exposures in environmental
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Works mainly in an office but will also be out in the manufacturing environment.
Some physical exertion required.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
Exposed to dust, odors and noise.
Ability to travel to company locations around the United States.
(expected travel 1 week or less per month)