Opportunity to provide and lead the safety and compliance vision for 17 locations in 8 states for this 1300++ employee company based in the Sioux City, IA area. This role will direct, develop, implement and maintain comprehensive safety, health and PSM programs for an organization positioned for growth!
Responsibilities for this Director level opportunity:
Providing leadership and technical subject matter expertise to multiple locations and operations. Effectively communicating at all levels within this organization to influence and drive sustainable safety and compliance programs including OHSA, PSM, EPA and Risk Management. This role will also be the primary interface with Regulatory agencies. With limited supervision, and strong support from leadership, this role is tasked with assessing, prioritizing and effectively implementing programs at the warehousing and further processing/packaging facilities by developing, assisting with the implementation and leading continuous improvement of all the EHS related programs in current operations and through growth/expansion/acquisitions.
Requirements for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or related field
- 5+ years of broad health and safety program management
- Experience with PSM programs and working in a PSM regulated environment
- 3+ years of experience supporting multiple site or operating at a corporate level
- Willingness to travel 20% on a regular basis. Initial travel will be higher during assessment phase.
- Experience with cold storage, food grade warehousing and food processing is ideal.
Preferred experience includes:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills
- Prior experience with culture change initiatives and advancing an organization’s compliance programs and performance, change agent/influencing for change
To apply: Contact Colleen Doerr, Senior Recruiter: CDoerr@professionaloutlook.com