POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the planning, development, and administering of the Safety and Environmental programs for the Omaha North Plant and DC operations. Incumbent serves as a technical and strategic resource to management and employees regarding safety and environmental issues. This position will provide the necessary leadership for continued improvement through effective communication at all levels, by working collaboratively with all departments, by promoting employee involvement, and by utilizing all available resources
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and coordinate all activities associated with the Lozier Corporation Safety and Health Program including, but not limited to, training, inspections, recordkeeping, reviewing, testing, scheduling, reporting, and researching. This includes all identified regulatory compliance provisions as well as established “best practices” for our industry and organization.
- Manage and coordinate all activities associated with the Lozier Corporation Environmental Program including but not limited to training, inspections, recordkeeping, testing, and reporting. This includes the media of air, process wastewater, storm water, and waste.
- Provide a high-level of involvement, leadership, and resources in support of the corporate and site-specific safety, health, and environmental goals and objectives. To include, but not limited to, identification and recommendations of objectives, participation in operations related staff meetings, project involvement and review, and regular communication at all levels.
- Act as a primary liaison for all third-party interest including, but not limited to, regulatory agencies, insurance representatives (AON, Sentry, FM Global), local and national professional organizations, and all safety and environmental product and service vendors.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings, and completing assignments.
- Ability to work and interact well with others.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Additional functions as needed to sustain business operations.
- BS in Management, Safety, Environmental, or related field or equivalent qualifying experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the safety and health field if degreed. Minimum of five years’ experience in the safety and health field if non-degreed. Preferred experience in a a manufacturing environment.
- Fundamental knowledge of all applicable safety and environmental regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan, prepare and conduct clear and concise group presentations.
- Ability to develop plans for accomplishing assigned work and set priorities with a proper sense of urgency.
- Advanced problem-solving skills: ability to locate and use appropriate company resources.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Ability to guide and direct attention to Lozier’s mission, goals and do-wells.
- Lozier Systems and Strategies, Business Systems (Corporate, Manufacturing, and Human Resources), Information Systems, and Policies and Procedures.
- General knowledge of manufacturing process concepts including 5S, lean Six Sigma, or similar.
- Competency in all Microsoft Office and related software
- The ability to work various shifts and ability to respond to safety, health, or environmental needs on an on-call basis.
- Periodic travel may be required by automobile or air, including overnight stays, to attend training or provide support at other company locations.
- Must be able to flex work schedule to fit job requirements in multi-shift operation.
- Must be able to climb ladders, use stairs, and assist in rescue operations if needed.
- Lifting (under 25 lbs.) and carrying of equipment and materials is required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor. Lozier reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way desired and the essential job functions may be modified to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.