Supports the facility in the design, management, and implementation of our comprehensive Health and Safety programs and provides direction to all levels within the plant regarding appropriate Health and Safety practices. Plans, implements, evaluates, and communicates safety initiatives that meet and exceed regulatory requirements.
- Creates, supports, and implements strategies to establish and improve safety compliance.
- Supports site safety management systems.
- Educates employees in proper safety procedures, safe work practices and policies.
- Develops, evaluates, and recommends process and equipment changes and improvements to maximize safety and improve environmental impacts of operations.
- Administers, monitors, and audits safety and health programs to ensure OSHA compliance. Completes annual review on each program. Assists with injury/illness prevention and correction.
- Leads proactive efforts in air monitoring to ensure compliance with standard practices.
- Conducts root cause analyses and preventative/corrective action follow-up.
- Conducts job hazard analysis for ergonomic improvements and soft tissue injury prevention.
- Monitors and reviews accident investigation reports and ensure appropriate follow up; participates in claim reviews, mediations, and hearings; reviews workers compensation costs and monitors claims. Provides quality health care to employees to reduce workers compensation costs, absenteeism, and turnover.
- Provides training to the production employees and management.
- In the absence of key personnel, the employee’s supervisor, or qualified designee (one that has been trained in the key employee’s duties) is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Safety Management or related field and 3+ years’ relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Experience working with or knowledge of OSHA and Workers’ Compensation; with prior experience in the food industry a plus.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to anticipate needs, forecast conditions, set goals/standards and measure results.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- May provide leadership and guidance to employees in the Safety Team.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and assisting in providing appropriate resolutions.
Send resumes to:
|Shannon L Anthofer|
Plant Human Resources Manager