- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing systems to manage EHS operational risks.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and executive-level stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Certifications from Board of Certified Safety Professionals or equivalent agency.
- Experience communicating with Federal, State and Local Authorities regarding EHS issues.
- Knowledge of facilities management, engineering and construction.
- Analytical, data quality troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
About the job
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
Google Data Centers (GDC) makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures on the planet. GDC has built an excellent Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) program to scale compliance and safety excellence design, construction, commissioning, deployment and operations of data centers. As a member of the Data Center EHS team (DCEHS), you will be responsible for supporting EHS programs including management system implementation, environmental compliance programs and global oversight. You will play a critical part in ensuring all EHS issues are identified and addressed by working collaboratively with a cross functional team of GDC departments and contractors to protect Google’s interests. You will also provide program leadership and oversight to new and critical EHS initiatives to continue to create and iterate our EHS program.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Identify and evaluate operational EHS and sustainability risks for impact to the business, analyze risk scenarios to determine their potential impact to the business and design/lead programs to mitigate those risks.
- Conduct assessments of existing EHS programs to ensure alignment with regional GDC strategy, including analyzing EHS business risks and identifying, describing and estimating efficiencies to be gained through established programs.
- Assess EHS training needs based on identified operational risks and ensures that workforce training activities are provided to meet business and legislative requirements.
- Maintain environmental permits/programs to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. Investigate and analyze incident reports involving work‐related injuries and illnesses and recommend measures to prevent recurrence.
- Manage the regional portfolio of EHS initiatives and programs for all local operations and regional initiatives.