Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a 3-month Internship located in the greater Des Moines, IA area. We’re looking for a student who is currently studying occupational safety, industrial hygiene, or a related field and will be available from May to August 2021.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Do
- Plan an emergency drill and/or event for employee.
- Plan and/or be a part of a Kaizen event.
- Ergonomic assessments, baselines, and seeking potential improvements
- Work on implementation of Corteva’s PPE standard, put on a PPE fair for glasses & gloves etc.
- Learn the Machine Safety Standard requirements & perform machine safety inspections.
- Become familiar with GHS labeling requirements & learn how to become proficient in chemical inventory system as well as creating in house chemical labels.
- Participate in quarterly safety audits, checklists, and campus safety audit.
- Spend some time working with campus EHS&S department.
Qualifications – What You’ll Bring:
- Seeking a degree in occupational safety, industrial hygiene, or a related field.
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Ability to work in a greenhouse environment, work in areas with pollen, and warm temperatures.
- Communication & presentation skills to large groups of people via email, Zoom, or in person.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word…).
- Ability to perform routine site inspections & speak up about safety violations in the workplace.