Position Title: Environment, Health, and Safety Manager
Reports to: Director of Safety
FLSA Status: Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: 10%
The Manager of Health, Safety and Environmental assures that the organization maintains a safety, health and environmental program to meet/exceed all compliance requirements of OSHA, EPA, DOE and our clients. The position will implement and improve upon all aspects of the Company Safety Program to maintain a safe and healthy workplace for our employees. Key responsibilities will include but not limited to accident prevention and incident management, risk management, training programs, corrective actions, emergency preparedness, and the prevention of Environmental spills, releases and violations.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ health and safety.
- Manage workplace hazards to as low As Reasonably Possible (ALARP) through documented training, JHA’s, Work Instructions, and accountability.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Lead and support incident reporting, investigations and corrective actions for all injuries, illnesses and equipment damages so accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Develop and maintain industrial hygiene program including noise surveys, air quality and temperature sampling, illumination, and exhaust ventilation.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Maintain the BU Safety manual and supporting program documentation to ensure compliance with all local, state, federal and corporate requirements applicable to workplace safety
- Conduct safety training and education programs and provide demonstrations as necessary.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
- Collect samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- Investigate health-related complaints and inspect facilities to ensure that they comply with public health legislation and regulations.
- Coordinate “right-to-know” programs regarding hazardous chemicals and other substances.
- Maintain and update emergency response plans and procedures with tabletop drills, live drills and disaster recovery plans.
- Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and
- Conduct audits at hazardous waste sites or industrial sites and participate in hazardous waste site investigations.
- Collect samples of hazardous materials or arrange for sample collection.
- Maintain inventories of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with Business Leadership and the Director of Health, Safety and Environmental to ultimately achieve the safety goals of the organization.
- Align and Adhere site business practices with the established Environmental Compliance calendar
- Assist and Advice BU Leadership on the direction and the necessary actions on all subjects Safety, Health and Environmental.
- Establish and communicate site safety performance expectations, while implementing improvements in a continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently to develop program enhancements and implement the changes through a team approach.
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year College or University) preferred
- 5-7 years Related Experience
CERTIFICATES & LICENSURES:
- OHST, CIT, ASP preferred
- Microsoft Office operating systems
Stand C (Constantly)
Walk C (Constantly)
Sit C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Crawl O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally)
10 lbs. or less C (Constantly)
11-20 lbs. O (Occasionally)
21-50 lbs. O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs. O (Occasionally)
Over 100 lbs. N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs. or less O (Occasionally)
13-25 lbs. O (Occasionally)
26-40 lbs. O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs. O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs./day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs./day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (Alarms)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Manufacturing or outside environment, employee will be faced with working in temperature extremes, hazards from things like lasers or welding arc, or other environmental hazards.
To Apply Please Contact:
Tres (Chester) Willets
Mobile: 864.631.3660 email@example.com